Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Wheelchair clinic

Well today we went to the wheelchair clinic to see about getting my new wheels and a gait trainer (over priced soup to nuts walker). First the wheelchair wasn't the one Mammy asked for so I think her horns got a bit twisted. You know Mammy knows best and she has done loads of looking but they thought a fold up one would work better. Mammy put her foot down and gave her reasons why I should get the I.R.I.S. Well she got her way and then when it came for the colour choice she said the colour she wanted they looked at her. Hey Mammy loves colours and thinks I should have a fun chair not a boring black one. So my new chair will have Toxic Green on the frame. Its kinda a limey funky green with a black seat and the other parts will be black. My Mammy knows what she wants.
Now the gait trainer what a load of hog wash. Just because I wasn't taking steps they can not say why I should get it. Well Mammy said "he'll never learn to walk if he doesn't get it" How are they suppose to get me mobile with out the right equipment. Mammy said she just wished she had the 4 grand and she would just buy it for me. I guess thats a lot of money. So now they want me to wait until I go and get the botox done in my legs and then see if that will help them write their name to the order. They said they could get me another stander since the one I have is getting too small for me no problem. But that will not help me to learn to walk.
I have come so far in everything I am doing things they said I would never do so if Mammy says I will shuffle my butt in a gait trainer I guess she is right cause she will make me do it. I know she will fight and get it for me cause Mammy knows best for me.
Sín é

No comments:

Post a Comment