Thursday, January 28, 2016

Happy 11th Birthday Finnian!!!!!!!!!

Its hard to believe that you are 11 years old today lovey. I still remember like it was yesterday. Honestly we weren't given much hope for you to be even born alive. When you were born you cried they said you wouldn't. Oh I can still hear the little sounds you made. Gasúr you were born fighting and you are still fighting.
I have no idea how many times were have been told you won't but yet you still throw them for a loop and show them you can. Yes you have issues, big issues but when you smile we don't see them and they don't define who you are. I won't paint it like its easy because its not but honestly you are worth it. We have had some rocky and scary times with you lovey but its made us who we are. Different, compassionate, humbled and you have made us see outside the box and not to look at everything as black and white.
Yes you are a medically fragile child and we know that your life could end at any time but we are not sitting back and waiting for that to happen. You are not someone to be left out just because you are different. I have been asked why I do the things with you that I do and all I can say is that trapped inside is a little boy who needs to experience what every little boy likes to do.
You are not the typical little brother and yes Eoghan and Maurs love you. Even though you can cause major upheaval in their lives they are better kids because of you. I think you have made me a better parent to them too. Even though its been said to me that you rule the roost and we do things around you and how your day is going, but that is not true. At one time yes that was true but then when your brother pointed out how we weren't doing those normal things I realized you weren't getting to experience normal things too. So everyone was losing out but not anymore.
I am sorry you had to spend some of your birthday in the emergency room but without a fully functioning g-tube you wouldn't be a happy boy. So lovey HAPPY 11th BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment