Sunday, April 13, 2014

Never ever say you can't

Mammy asked awhile back if I could compete in a race and that she would help me. Got an answer back saying "Of course I could do the race". So yesterday Saturday the 14th of April was my big race day. I was out at Citi Field to compete in the Special Needs Spartan Race. I was so excited while I waited my turn.
Maurs was also running in the other kids race and she was excited too
Maurs race was before mine and she had to run a mile up and down steps and go through obstacles. It was great as everyone who finished got a tee-shirt and a medal. Maurs was a bit knackered after her race.
Then it was my turn Mammy was running with me and the next thing I was helping to carry The Flag on my wheelchair that was really cool.
. We went around a few of the obstacles and then we had to climb the stairs. I was like a King they carried me up and down the stairs in my wheelchair. Every one got a work out just doing that hehehehe cause my wheelchair is HEAVY. Then Steve-o wanted to know if I could do some of the obstacles that he would help. Guess what? Mammy said sure and they took me out of my wheelchair and I did some of the obstacles with Steve-o.
Then we were going to be going up and down steps again and Mammy parked my wheels and figured that she would carry me. She didn't carry me Steve-o did. I know I look much younger (I am 9 years old) as I am small and skinny but you know when you are carrying me I do get heavy.
See Steve-o I was smiling as I was having fun
Here we are coming along the last stretch of the race and here we are at the finish line me and my HERO Steve-o What an amazing day what a great experience and a HUGE THANK YOU to all that helped me and the other kids. To Steve-o THANK YOU for having such a big heart and THANKS for being my HERO. So everyone never say you can't cause all you need is the heart to want to do something and your HERO's are willing to step in to make it happen Sín é.

4 comments: