Saturday, May 7, 2011

What's been going on with me

Well last week I started throwing up again. I hadn't done that in a good while and I had gotten my weight up to almost 40lbs. Well now I am just 34.8lbs and that's not good being that I am 6 years old and underweight.
Went to the peds on Monday and got my medical clearance as I had stopped throwing up and it only took 4 hours as it was very busy. Tuesday morning we were on the road going down to the hospital to get my hardware out of my legs. Mammy brought me back to the OR and held the mask until I went to sleep and then left so the docs could do their job. Almost 3 hours later Mammy is back with me again and then they move me to a room on 4 tower. They had to put the IV in my right hand and I was not happy I couldn't suck my thumb. So I did what I usually do I just slept and kept my eyes closed the whole time I was there. Mammy also had my ipod with my music so I was a bit more comfy. They were giving me pain meds so I was feeling good. Wednesday morning we got the OK to go home. So it was about 11.30am when we were getting out of the place. We had to make a pit stop to get a script for some of my up the butt emergency meds. We got that and we were on our way home. It was funny when they asked was someone taking me home and Mammy said "yes they are down stairs" well we had to go across the street and we took the bus home.
On Thursday since we had gotten clearance for my therapies to resume my PT came in to work with me. Mammy was happy as I was keeping my legs in a froggy position and wouldn't straighten them out for her but Sy my PT got me to straighten them out and you know I feel much better now. I started throwing up again on Thursday afternoon and I kept throwing up most of the night. So that wasn't good. Friday I was even throwing up my meds and then the seizures started. So I got an up the butt to stop them and it even stopped me throwing up. I was flying high on pain meds and diastat. I have lost even more weight. They were talking about taking me to the hospital for some iv fluids but I started to keep the ginger ale down.
So now lets see what the weekend brings. Well at least Mammy got some sleep last night Daddy stayed up with me.
Sín é

No comments:

Post a Comment