Sunday, February 13, 2011

I scared Mammy this morning

I have been sucking back oxygen the last few days again and the thingy still keeps beeping. Early this morning Mammy was up watching me and of course all you can hear is whoosh, whoosh, from the oxygen machine. I had a seizure and was drooling all over my pillow so she changed the cover and watched me. Then my legs start twitching so she pulls out her watch to time it. It stopped on its own so she didn't have to give me and up the butt. A little while later the thingy starts beeping again and the next thing I am on the floor and she is squishing me on my chest. All I know is the thingy is beeping up a storm and then she puts the other one on my hand and she is telling me to breath. My heart rate had dropped down to 17 and my oxygen started to fall down to the 60's and was still on the way down until she started squishing my chest.
Mammy said she needed a good stiff drink after that scare I gave her. So she went in to the kitchen and put the kettle on for coffee and she put Sarah Brightman on for me to listen to.
Mammy knows that I am at a high risk for SUDEP which stands for Sudden Unexplained Death in Epilepsy and that is why she stays up all night watching me sleep isn't she a great Mammy? I think so.
Sín é

No comments:

Post a Comment